The holiday season is finally here and that means weeks of family, friends, delicious food, and who could forget presents? Sure, the holidays are supposed to be about quality time with loved ones, but there’s really no better way to show someone you care than with a thoughtful gift…that arrives on time! Shipping during the holiday season can be a nightmare for some, but if handled correctly, you’ll be in for a relaxed holiday season filled with cheer!
Strategizing a specific shipping plan is essential during the month of November. Far too many people wait until the last minute and then their packages are left in the hands of the postal service. This year, we encourage you to go local when it comes to shipping holiday gifts. Why? A personal touch is just what you’ll need to feel comfortable in your shipping plans this year.
The following are a few shipping tips to keep in mind this holiday season:
- Find the right courier! At Espresso Mail, we are independently owned and operated and we ship FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service, and DHL – domestic, international, you name it!
- Pack with the right material! No one wants to ship a fragile item only to find out that the recipient open a package of broken pieces. Speak to a professional at the shipping store before packing up your gift.
- Understand what shipping services are available to you. Take some time at the shipping store to learn what the best options are based on what you are shipping and when you need it to arrive by.
- Double and triple check the shipping details before sending. Far too many people experience holiday shipping frustrations because of a simple address error.
- Go to a one-stop-shop. The ability to do both the packing and shipping in the same store alleviates the risk of error and makes the entire process much smoother.
- Consider insuring high-dollar items. Also, make sure that the package does not have any markings that may reveal the value of the item being shipped.
- Get the tracking information! The holiday season is the most important time to make sure that you have the tracking information for the package and can ensure its safe delivery.
No matter what you intend to ship this holiday season, be sure to keep these tips in mind for a smooth, happy process. At Espresso Mail, we are dedicated to providing Super-Star Customer care in a convenient, efficient and friendly environment. Stop by our store soon to enjoy our famous coffee drinks and free Wi-Fi while your shipment is being taken care of! Contact our West Palm Beach office today to learn more about holiday shipping this season!