The digital world seems to be advancing at a faster and faster rate each day. With technology advancements in nearly every facet of life, it is no surprise that entrepreneurs throughout the U.S. are going mobile and taking advantage of the digital mailbox option. Connectivity is paramount in today’s business world and with people constantly on the go, having virtual mailbox makes perfect sense.
A virtual mailbox refers to a service that offers a physical address that stays the same no matter where you or the business may move. With this service, photos of the envelopes or packages are uploaded into the mailbox and the owner of the mailbox is then able to give direction as to whether to open and scan, discard, forward, or even shred the mail…all with the touch of a button. In addition, you are also given the option to deposit incoming checks to any U.S. bank.
Some of the most prominent benefits of a virtual mailbox include:
- Real-time alerts when mail is received
- Immediate access to your mail
- Ability to have a physical address, which gives home businesses more credibility
- Mail and package forwarding
- Personal privacy protection by avoiding the use of a home address
- Mail management online, 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Ability to create a virtual office by adding a phone number and fax service
Unlike a P.O. Box, virtual mailbox owners do not have to guess what is in their box and are able to avoid traveling to receive their mail. They are also able to receive packages from UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other couriers. With Espresso Mail, you or your business can now have a digital mailbox. The service is simple, reliable, and secure. Finally you can stay connected, save time, store documents, and protect your privacy all from one easy-to-use web based application. Contact our West Palm Beach office today to learn more!
Do you ever stop to think about where the day to day items that you rely on come from? How did your car get to the dealership before you bought it? Where was your new phone before you ordered in online? From your favorite couch in your home to the fruits that you add to your smoothie every morning, everyday items go through quite the journey before they arrive in your possession. From cargo ships to planes to trains to vehicles, goods are shipped in a number of different capacities worldwide.
Shanghai, China boasts the busiest port in the world. The things that are shipped to and from vary greatly. Today, we take a look at the most common freight shipped across the globe:
- Furniture and different furniture parts
- Produce and more specifically, bananas
- Cars and different car parts
- Sculptures and other stone art
- Mineral fuel
- Machinery like printers, sound equipment, and technical equipment
- Sporting equipment
From entertainment and hobby-related items to everyday essentials, the global shipping system is integral to almost every facet of our daily lives. From furniture to art, the experts at Espresso Mail are dedicated to making the packing and shipping process as stress-free as possible. In fact, we can pack and ship (almost) anything to (almost) anywhere in the world.
Bring us your delicate, valuable, time-sensitive and sentimental items. We have shipping boxes for virtually anything, and often make custom crates and boxes for art, electronics, and other items. We have a large network of shipping companies apart from UPS, FedEx, DHL, and the USPS to make sure your shipment arrives in a safe and timely manner. And of course, we’ll pack it with TLC to make sure it arrives in perfect condition. Stop by our West Palm Beach store today to learn more!
Those who frequently ship packages know that every New Year brings price increases in some capacity. For instance, FedEx and UPS typically raise their rates anywhere from 4 to 5 percent each year. When it comes to the United States Postal Service (USPS), however, things are not as straight-forward. While we typically see some type of price surge each year, the specific increase in price is much less incremental and much less predictable.
Since the government runs USPS, the organization relies on the Postal Regulatory Commission to ensure that they are adhering to their governing laws, setting certain delivery standards, and guiding them through any price changes. This year, price increases for USPS are more notable than ever before. Why? On January 27th, we are about to see one of the largest price jumps in many, many years.
The most noteworthy price increases for USPS are as follows:
- Stamps: increasing from $0.50 to $0.55
- Flat Rate Boxes: increasing by an average of 6.5 percent
- Flat Rate Envelopes: increasing from $6.70 to $7.35
To read more on the details of these increases and price changes, take a look at the newly released USPS price list. At Espresso Mail, mail carriers for the United States Post Office go by or deliver to every address in the United States every day, Monday through Saturday (and sometimes on Sunday). This service makes USPS different from all other carriers and is one of the reasons that we provide easy and convenient access to all-things postal.
Espresso Mail is proud to be an official USPS Approved Shipper, as this qualifies us to provide several convenient postal products and services. Come by our store today to learn more!
Whether it is for your business, your clients, or your personal life, properly shredding sensitive documents is extremely important. As we prepare for 2019, it is a great time to go through your documents and determine which contain confidential information that needs to remain secure. Far too many people hold on to old documents that contain highly sensitive data or information, and in doing so, they are putting themselves at risk for a breach.
Starting 2019 with document protection in mind means scanning your documents, storing the digital version in a secure location, and then shredding the physical documents correctly. The following are some of the most imperative reasons to move forward with document shredding:
- Protection from identity theft
- Maintaining confidentiality of business documents
- Protect the sensitive information of your clients and customers
- Compliance with government regulations to adhere to the law
- Protect your employees
- Safeguarding your family’s personal information
- Moving digital to reduce your environmental impact
- Create more storage space
- Saving crucial time during the work day
- Reorganize your most important files
At Espresso Mail, we take document shredding very seriously. Identity theft crimes are abundant throughout the United States and document shredding is one of the most efficient and effective ways to protect yourself, your clients/customers, and your business.
To learn more about document shredding, give us a call at 561-318-6004 or stop by the store today!
Have you ever considered what is involved when you send a package from Florida to New York? What about sending a package from Florida to New Zealand? International shipping is much different than domestic shipping. As a result, it is essential to work with a shipping company that is not only experienced, but also trustworthy. The complexities of international shipping are impressively vast.
First and foremost, there are different laws and regulations regarding commodities entering different countries. There are also specific rules related to things like international duties, import taxes, brokerage fees, and a variety of other potential added costs. On top of that, international shipping requires specific documents to get a package to its destination.
With all of those complexities to consider, it is imperative to choose a reputable shipping company. The following are some of the most notable risks linked to using an untrustworthy international shipping company:
- Delays in customs due to things like address errors, missing or inaccurate tariff codes, and unsatisfactory shipping documents
- Damage to the packing materials or inadequate packing methods
- Mistakes made in required documentation
- Lost shipments
- Being overcharged for international shipping services
- No notice of duties and taxes that the receiving country might add
At Espresso Mail, we ship to over 200 countries on 7 continents with multi-carrier shipping options (UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL), international packing service, international documentation, and automated airway bill. In addition, we offer Air and Ship cargo for shipments that are not time sensitive. We are proud to be West Palm Beach’s most trusted international shipping company. Come into our store today to learn more!
If you have a pulse, there’s a good chance you like coffee. Delicious, hot, and comforting…what’s not to like? Recent research even reveals that the percentage of coffee drinkers is on the rise and continually rising. Americans actually drink the most coffee of any other country in the world, which we really appreciate. Because at Espresso Mail, we’re all about our coffee. In fact, we are proud to be a full service coffee shop and espresso bar. When it comes to coffee, we mean business.
Coffee has a long, rich history and today we’re celebrating the intricacies of random tidbits and odd truths. The following are some cool, surprising, and interesting coffee facts:
- Coffee is the second most widely used commodity in the world, behind only oil
- A lot of coffee manufacturers sell their decaf coffee beans to soda and pharmaceutical companies
- The world’ first webcam was actually used to monitor coffee being brewed in a pot
- Drinking coffee has been extend a cat’s life
- Legend has it that a goat herder discovered coffee when he noticed that the goats were extra energetic after consuming particular berries
- Biodiesel has been created from ground coffee, meaning we could use it as car fuel one day
- The average coffee fan consumers about 3 cups of coffee each day
- Back in the day, coffee was consumed by chewing, not drinking
- Instant coffee has been around for 250 years
Did any of those facts surprise you? Do you have a fun coffee fact of your own? Leave us a comment and let us know what we missed! And, of course, for all of your packing, shipping, and coffee needs, head on over to Espresso Mail for a visit!
The holiday season is finally here and that means weeks of family, friends, delicious food, and who could forget presents? Sure, the holidays are supposed to be about quality time with loved ones, but there’s really no better way to show someone you care than with a thoughtful gift…that arrives on time! Shipping during the holiday season can be a nightmare for some, but if handled correctly, you’ll be in for a relaxed holiday season filled with cheer!
Strategizing a specific shipping plan is essential during the month of November. Far too many people wait until the last minute and then their packages are left in the hands of the postal service. This year, we encourage you to go local when it comes to shipping holiday gifts. Why? A personal touch is just what you’ll need to feel comfortable in your shipping plans this year.
The following are a few shipping tips to keep in mind this holiday season:
- Find the right courier! At Espresso Mail, we are independently owned and operated and we ship FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service, and DHL – domestic, international, you name it!
- Pack with the right material! No one wants to ship a fragile item only to find out that the recipient open a package of broken pieces. Speak to a professional at the shipping store before packing up your gift.
- Understand what shipping services are available to you. Take some time at the shipping store to learn what the best options are based on what you are shipping and when you need it to arrive by.
- Double and triple check the shipping details before sending. Far too many people experience holiday shipping frustrations because of a simple address error.
- Go to a one-stop-shop. The ability to do both the packing and shipping in the same store alleviates the risk of error and makes the entire process much smoother.
- Consider insuring high-dollar items. Also, make sure that the package does not have any markings that may reveal the value of the item being shipped.
- Get the tracking information! The holiday season is the most important time to make sure that you have the tracking information for the package and can ensure its safe delivery.
No matter what you intend to ship this holiday season, be sure to keep these tips in mind for a smooth, happy process. At Espresso Mail, we are dedicated to providing Super-Star Customer care in a convenient, efficient and friendly environment. Stop by our store soon to enjoy our famous coffee drinks and free Wi-Fi while your shipment is being taken care of! Contact our West Palm Beach office today to learn more about holiday shipping this season!